August 27, 2008

9th Annual Elite Karate Training Camp


No posts until after Labor Day - I'm headed to Kansas City for the Japan Karate-Do Ryobu-Kai 9th Annual Elite Karate Training Camp. It's one of two major annual events for my karate organization, and I look forward to it every year. It's a great chance to reconnect with my sensei (above left) and old friends from across the country (and around the world), as well as to train under Sensei Kiyoshi Yamazaki (above right), who is - simply - one of the best in the world.

I have some students going this year who haven't gone before, and I think they'll get a lot out of it. Even better, it's a chance for me to just be a student for at least some of the time I'm there. I love teaching, but it's nice to turn inward a little bit on occasion and work on improving myself.

See you next week!

No comments: